The Cargo / Transport policy can provide worldwide coverage of goods in transit from warehouse to warehouse with tailor-made coverages available to fit the most diverse insurance needs.
Coverage for goods moving by land, sea, or air can be expanded to include pure domestic movements, warehouse, storage, or consolidation risks, as well as coverage for war, strikes, riots, and civil commotion.
Warehouse to warehouse coverage for physical loss of or damage to goods from an external cause, including coverage for:
- General Average losses and General Average contributions
- Sue and Labor expenses incurred to prevent or mitigate a loss
- Import Duty
- Landing, warehousing and forwarding charges incurred as the result of an insured peril
- Return shipments in the event of the refusal or inability of the assured or consignee to accept delivery at destination
- Loss or damage resulting from war risks: strikes, riots and / or civil commotion
- Theft and Hijacking
- Shortage and Non-delivery
Typical Clients: Large exporters or importers of finished goods, manufacturers of finished goods selling to worldwide markets, and international companies building markets in developing areas such as the CIS, China, Latin America and S.E. Asia.
The key feature of our Multinational Cargo programs is our ability to obtain admitted policies worldwide. We structure programs to comply with local legislation.
Our programs also allow flexibility as to where premium is paid. When the terms and conditions of a local admitted policy are restricted by local regulations, the Master policy's DIC or DIL coverages ensure global continuity in coverage, terms, and limits.
Cargo Legal Liability insurance covers the liability imposed by law on the insured as a motor carrier, air carrier, bailee or warehouseman for loss of or damage to goods in their care, custody or control resulting from insured perils.
Target Customers: Freight Forwarders & NVOCC's, Truckers, Air Carriers & Warehousemen.
The Starr Marine Advantage - Our Survey and Loss Control Division can help reduce or eliminate preventable losses.