Depending on where you reside, you may have certain rights and choices regarding our collection, usage, disclosure or processing of your personal information. These rights and choices shall include but not limited to the following:
The right to access and know the categories of and sources from which we collect your personal information: You may request the categories of your personal information that we collect and the identity of the third-party sources that provide us with your personal information.
- The right to access and correct your personal information: You may access the personal information we maintain about you by submitting a request to us using the contact details below. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business, in a commonly used format. Depending on the jurisdiction, we retain the right to charge a reasonable fee for such access. You may request access to correct any errors in your personal information, including sensitive personal information. Alternatively, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may delete your personal information in lieu of correction or redirect you to the appropriate source of such information for correction.
- The right to portability of your personal information: Under certain conditions, you may request that we transfer your personal information to another entity in the format in which we maintain it in the ordinary course of business.
- The right to request deletion of your personal information: You may request that we delete or anonymize your personal information that we no longer have a lawful basis to use.
- The right to object to collection, usage, disclosure or processing of your personal information. Under certain conditions under the applicable law, you may have the right to object to our collection, usage, disclosure or processing of personal information about you, including our use of your personal information for marketing purposes and marketing profiles.
- The right to restrict the processing and/or use of your personal information. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to restrict our processing and/or use of your personal information, including any sensitive personal information.
- Withdrawal of consent: If Starr relies on your consent for the processing of your personal information, we will obtain your consent at the time we collect your personal information. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply these preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that Starr may no longer be able to provide you with the Services.
- The right to contact or file a complaint to the relevant authority: Depending on where you are located, you are able to contact or file a complaint to the relevant authority.
We will verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding your personal information and take steps designed to ensure that only you ( or your authorized representative(s)) exercise rights with respect such information. If you are an authorized agent making a request, we may require and request additional information to verify you are authorized to make the request.
We endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with all applicable laws. Please note, however, that your exercise of these rights may be subject to certain conditions and exemptions and permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will endeavor to notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our Services because of the choices you make in connection with your personal information, but please note, certain choices may affect our ability to provide you with our Services. For example, we cannot delete all of your information if we are processing a claim on your behalf.
Please contact us using the contact details below in the “Contact Us” section if you would like to exercise any of these rights or request more information. Where required by applicable law, we will notify you if we reject your request and notify you of the reason(s) we are unable to honor your request. With respect to individuals located in the EU/UK, where we are unable to resolve an inquiry or a complaint, you have the right to contact the data protection regulator in the European country in which you are based. A list of the data protection regulators and their contact details can be found here. With respect to individuals located in the Philippines, where we are unable to resolve an inquiry or a complaint, you have the right to contact the National Privacy Commission.
With respect to individuals located in Thailand, where we are unable to resolve an inquiry, a complaint or you believe that we infringed applicable law, you have the right to contact or file a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Committee or other relevant authority.